Tag System for Vehicles and manpower management.
True physical tag maximum read distance is determined by the individual RFID reader and antenna power, the actual Integrated Circuit used in the RFID tag, the material and thickness of material the tag is coated or covered with, the type of antenna the tag uses, the material the tag is attached to and more!
While a specification may show a theoretical RFID tag read range of 5 meters (ideal conditions) it may be as little as 1 meter if the tag is attached to an object that is sitting on a metal surface surrounded by water and electromagnetic waves (not ideal conditions)!
Generally speaking RFID tag maximum read distances are as follows:
- 125 kHz. and 134.3 kHz. Low Frequency (LF) Passive RFID Tags -read distance of 30 cm (1 foot) or less – usually 10 cm (4 inches) unless you are using a very large tag which can have a read distance of up to 2 meters when attached to metal.
- 13.56 MHz. High Frequency (HF) Passive RFID Tags – maximum read distance of 1.5 meters (4 foot 11 inches) – usually under 1 meter (3 feet) and you can use a single or multi port reader plus custom antennas to extend the read range to longer tag read distances or a wider RFID read zone. To obtain more than 1 meter you need a reader with more than 1 watt RFID output power.
- 860 ~ 960 MHz. Ultra High Frequency (UHF) Passive RFID Tags – minimum read distance of over 1 meter or 3 feet. Gen2 tags can have a read range of up to 12 meters or 37 feet, however new generation of IC’s plus antenna designs are now pushing this distance to over 15 meters! Gen 2 tags can be either 860 MHz. or 902 MHz. frequencies. Gen2 EPC global are multi frequency 860 ~ 960 MHz. Gen 2 Semi-active battery assisted tags are semi-passive (semi-active) tags have a read range of up to 50 meters or about 162 feet. Gen 2 Semi-active tags are just emerging on the market.
- 860 ~ 960 MHz. 3rd and 4th Generation IC/Silicon – The new generation 3 and 4 (Monza4, Higgs3 and NXP G2XM) silicon (Integrated Circuit) is now available in numerous inlay designs. This new silicon (IC) provides up to 40% more sensitivity while reducing RF interference. This means that a tag using this new generation of silicon can have a read range of over 16 meters or 50 feet under FCC regulations of 4 watts EIRP. For your local power regulations.
- RTLS – Real Time Location Systems – Usually LF and SHF – now you can have a UHF RTLS that is extremely accurate and can easily control 250,000 sq feet on a single switch.
- 433 MHz Ultra High Frequency Active RFID Tags – up to 500 meter read range (1,500 feet) . 433 MHz readers and tags that can be used for many industrial, healthcare, mining, and other tracking and locating applications.
- 2.45 GHz. Super High Frequency Active RFID Tags – up to 100 meter read range (325 feet) There are several different modulations for 2.45 GHz. and you can also have real time location information from these active tags.
Parking Management system
- IDCUBE, system provides solution for long ranged RFID system for Community gated barriers. IDCUBE reader covers more than 12 meter area. It also have data storage of visitors. With nonstop working condition. IDCUBE system easily murch with UHF Tags.
- The Antina and complete system is IP 65. And well guarded for rainy seasons.
for more details please download related Manuals.
To download Click Here